About This Qualification
This qualification is aimed at those who are involved in Heritage skills Plastering activities in the workplace. It is not expected that candidates working in this industry all do the same activities so the qualification has been developed to allow opportunities for those carrying out heritage work in either or both Solid and/or Fibrous Plastering. Those taking the qualification must also prove knowledge and competence in working at heights, calculating quantities and wastage and the use of powered and hand tools and equipment. All work completed must be carried out in accordance with Building Regulations and Industry recognised safe working practices, including the disposal of waste.The standards cover the most important aspects of the job. This qualification is at Level 3, although some units may be at different levels and should be taken by those who are capable of carrying out this type of work without supervision. The qualification is structured to ensure that there is a high degree of flexibility within the pathways and units available and will allow employees from companies of all sizes and specialisms equal opportunity to complete. The qualification consists of 5 mandatory units with a credit value of 61 credits, candidates must also achieve the required credits from the selected pathway.
Each candidate who is enrolled onto the Heritage Skills NVQ | Plastering Occupations qualification is required to meet a basic candidate agreement with VELA Training;
- Must be aged 18+
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in working on site
- Must be at literacy level 1 standard
- Be actively working in the Plastering sector
Pathways to Pick From
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Working on conservation and restoration projects in the workplace
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
Chose 1 of the following 2 pathways to complete Heritage NVQ Level 3
Pathway 1 – Plastering Occupations – Fibrous Plastering
- Conserving, restoring or repairing fibrous plasterwork in the workplace
- Producing fibrous plasterwork on conservation or restoration projects in the workplace
- Installing fibrous plaster on conservation or restoration projects in the workplace
Pathway 2 – Plastering Occupations – Solid Plastering
- Preparing and mixing lime mortars in the workplace
- Producing plaster and render finishes on conservation or restoration projects or earthen structures in the workplace
- Conserving, restoring or repairing solid plaster and render surfaces in the workplace
What CSCS card will this get me?
CSCS Gold Card - Click Here for further details.
Where can I find out more?
Right here QGA Qualifications
What will the cost be?
Level 3 NVQ - £1,300 - £1,500 Inc VAT depending on funding or delivery model.
In many cases the company you are working for can provide funding support through an association they are a member of or the CITB through the Grant Claim Back process.
Also, try an Advanced Learner Loan this will give you the option to pay back your loan the same way a student loan works.
The important thing is to ask us, we can help get the right support for you.
How can I get in touch?
Simple, just click the button below that applies and one of our team will be in touch.
Contact Us - and talk to one of our staff
A pre-induction will be carried out before enrolment by the assessor to make sure a candidate is competent to carry out any NVQ qualification.
A Risk Assessment will be carried out at the start of every visit. If your assessor feels that you are not working in a safe environment, we reserve the right to halt the assessment.
All candidates must demonstrate a good level of spoken English.